Thursday, September 22, 2011

Stop Signs and Red Lights

My car and driving are the biggest sources of anguish for me. I just got home from work for the night, for the second time. As I pulled up to a stop on the street in front of my house tonight, I realized that my temporary parking permit had expired today and that I needed to get a new one for the next week so I won't get a parking ticket. I never even got out of my car and instead headed to the nearest machine about five minutes away. I will eventually get an annual permit, but first my car has to get registered in the state of California.... and before that I had to get a smog check which I did this morning, but it didn't pass... so before I get that I need a mechanic to fix it so it will pass inspection... and I had to get my own car insurance in California... and after all that I will hopefully get my permit. All of this because the city of Pasadena requires that I have a parking permit! I'm wondering if I should have lived in a different city...

Anyway, I got the permit and headed home. I was on a pretty dark, non-busy road, and before I knew it I had run through a stop sign, never seeing it until I was in the middle of the road already. Ugh! I thanked God that no one had seen me. Then I turned onto my street and approached the one set of lights I had to cross before my house. It turned yellow but I had plenty of time to get through. Or so I thought... I think my brain was in slow mode because I was paranoid about running through the stop sign and going slower than I should have because somehow it took me way longer than I thought it would to get under that light.... then it turned red.... then I thought I saw a flash of white light.... Oh no, not a camera!! NOOOO!!! I've been told Pasadena has traffic light cameras everywhere and that they send you tickets in the mail.... maybe since I still don't have my California tag on I'll get out of the ticket.

If I ever get through one day without some vehicle or driving issue, it will be a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment