Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Oh, Technology

I need to vent… I hate technology!!! The internet has been down at work since yesterday afternoon, which is connected to the phones. So to make calls for work, I had to use my cell phone today. I tried to do some writing on the grant this afternoon, but every time I needed to look up a piece of info or refer to an email, I had to put it on my mental to-do list for later when the Internet is better. I decided to come over to the Bishops and use their Internet, which at least goes in and out… but I found out that an in-and-out connection isn’t very good for Skyping. I was just trying to talk with a friend from the U.S. a few minutes ago over Skype, and the connection kept cutting us off every 30 seconds. Ugh! It made me feel pretty much helpless. Oh, technology.

On a happier note, the last couple days I have gotten to do a significant amount of socializing. Yesterday I chatted for a while with two of the day care workers at the center. They’re around my age, and they’re Christians as well. We have a little more in common than perhaps the people I live near (don’t get me wrong… I LOVE my neighbors, too!) They get to practice their English on me, and I get to practice my Albanian on them.

Since Saturday, the weather has been absolutely gorgeous! We are extremely grateful for the break from the heat. It’s very pleasant when you’re in the shade, even without a fan.

I may or may not have mentioned in a previous post about going to a birthday party for the little boy who lives in the house in front of us. Here are a few pictures to give you an idea of some people we see on a regular basis:
The birthday boy, Klesti, with one of his grandmas

Danika and me with Redi - our little "brother" who lives downstairs

A very yummy Albanian birthday dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment